Wednesday, April 8, 2009

L-i-b-r-a-r-y

We went to OCB last night and then to the library. How do you pronounce that last one? I never pronounce it with the first R. A few months ago I heard someone pronounce the second month of the year with an extra R. I looked it up. No wonder I can never spell I have been pronouncing that one wrong too.
We go to the libRary every 10 days or so. I can not believe my kids are such huge readers. I'm not. Here is what I picked up last night though.
Already glanced through all I wanted to see. Only had 1 paragraph on William Wallace (Braveheart). I might have some highlander blood in me?
My paternal grandma grew up with a dad who worked in coal mines.


At least one of my lines comes from Ireland, long before the potato famine. On St. Patrick's Day though we honor the potato famine with a candy "Irish Potatoes".


Thought I would find out more about the author of the book that almost made me drop a class in college. We'll see how far I get with these.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The other day I typed "libarry". Thanks for those "Cantspell" genes.