My Uncle passed away so my one bro and his wife and I decided to drive down to LA together to go to the funeral. On my way down to my bro's I stopped by "Fabric Depot" and spent an hour and a half spending $123. WOW! That may be the most I've ever spent at one time. The thing that is killing me is that I bought it to make...aprons? I am making aprons for a craft show in Dec. Is anyone going to buy aprons? Am I going to get my money back? Am I going to give away a million aprons to everyone I know for Christmas? This fabric is dang cute though.
My Uncle's funeral was one of the best I've been to. Yes, we were sad at his quick passing. Yes, there was morning for our loss. But there was humor, anecdotes and stories. I was able to hear that he was an honorable man who fought for his beliefs. He was a man of integrity who said what he thought and I admire many of his characteristics. The AF honor guard folding the American flag and then presenting in to my aunt was when I choked up the most. The next day we were able to go back to the cemetery and I was able to see my cousins site for the first time as well.
Family is Fun! I LOVED seeing my cousins and most of my family of origin. We hung out twice. The best was when the kids were in the pool and some of the adults were playing with them in the pool. It is good to see good parents. Good to see good times by all. One of the stories I didn't share at the funeral was once hanging out with my Uncle and his family at a restaurant several years ago and I was able to soak up the moment in the moment and felt, "This must be what heaven is like."
I am feeling grateful for my hubby to support me going on this trip. Gone for a week. He lovingly supports me emotionally and financially supports all my needs and wants, and does so freely. Thank You Hubby!
1 comment:
I would do anything for my Eternal Companion....I love you.....
Post a Comment