Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tears Today

Today was my fifth WW meeting and I cried at it! I was embarrassed (as always when I cry in a public place). But I also wanted to take the opportunity to examine why? I gained nearly 3 pounds, I expected some of that. But was upset over the meetings topic. My negative "self-talk" is why I cried. I am aware of it and want to change it, which is a good start, being aware.

This is such a personal journey for me as it is for everyone I'm sure. There are so many "issues" of how I gained my weight.
  1. I gained 20 my first year of marriage.
  2. 2 years later I gained another 30 when I was pregnant with my oldest son. (Yes, I did gain it that quick)
  3. I gained with each child after that and never lost any of it.
  4. Blah blah blah

    This week I ate some of my "comfort food", home made baked goods.
    I am sick of raw veggies. Getting tired of boring tossed salad.

    I think I'm done crying now. I need to stay ahead of hunger and go eat some lunch.
    NOT a salad.

2 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Okay, I love you and I'm emailing you my unsolicited advice. xoxoxox

Koko said...

Sheryl, this is hard. I know as I have been through this and am still working on it. Just let this past week go and start again. I have found some things I love that work for me, but I still sometimes really want other things. Just know there are many of us who can relate to this! May you have a rewarding week at next week's weigh-in!