I always love going to the Sewing Expo. It's at the Puyallup fairgrounds and is the largest in the nation. My mom flew out several years ago when she read about it in a sewing magazine and we had just moved here. We went together and it was very overwhelming! Tons' of fun! and exciting! The first year she couldn't come out I was sad, but called her while there, she was there over the phone. I missed a year because I got sick and tried like crazy to give away my tickets.
Getting the flyer in the mail is like getting a catalog at Christmas. I poor over the classes and glance over the vendors and drool over the daily prizes give aways. I circle every class I am slightly interested in and plan out my strategy of how to get the most out of them.
I have learned to not take to many classes. This year I took 3 on Thursday and 1 later today. I now have a "PHD in Threadoligy". I had fun looking at the (literally) hundreds of vendors. I walk past this one that I bought a book from 4 years ago and opened it once. Another vendor I bought a package pattern deal which I keep hoping to make but never get to. etc. etc. I spoke with the photo quilt vendor that I have used a lot of her product. I wish I could afford the good deals with fabrics. I don't even bother looking at the machine vendors. Basically I have the sew expo down to a routine. I wish I could find my niche in the sewing world. I am a jack of all and master of none.
1 comment:
At least you're a jack-of-all. I'm not even a jack-of-none. I got this really simple training pant pattern for Abby, along with cuter than heck fabric, and I can't manage to do it successfully. I'm always impressed by your work!
Post a Comment