Wednesday, September 24, 2008

$ Best Buck $

A week or so ago I was at the dollar store and saw a kitchen timer. It has a magnet on the back and a clip. I bought it because Alton Brown has one. It is blue and I clip it to my clothes and go do other things.
I thought it might come in handy on laundry day. My gas dryer will buzz nearly an hour after the clothes are actually dry and I don't always hear my oven timer.
OMG! I finished a couple of HOURS before I usually do. Maybe something else was going on, I don't know.

Today I am canning pears (for the first time as an adult) and I have the timer clipped to me to check the water. I am blogging while canning!

I just might have to go buy some more for when this one dies.

2 comments:

Jeanelle said...

I have a digital, clip on timer but I of course bought the expensive Pampered Chef one. I love it because it also starts timing after it goes off so you know how long you have ignored the timer, if that makes sense? My mom has the coolest pear peeler she got when she worked at a cannery 40 or more years ago. I used to love using it when we'd can pears.

Jamie said...

Yah for quick laundry days! I'm excited you found something that works. I wish I was there for the pears.