Thursday, February 5, 2009

TV pain?

I changed my facebook to reflect the TV shows I watch. I had not given much thought to it before, I faithfuly watch;
The Unit (military special forces)
NCIS (military crime solving)
Criminal Minds (FBI crime solving)
Num3ers (FBI crime solving)
Law & Order (crime solving)
Chuck (funny crime solving)
Gillmore Girls reruns (mom & daughter duo)

I have never enjoyed scenes with humiliation. We as a family use to watch America's Funniest Home Videos but stopped when I couldn't stand all the pain these people were enduring. Yes, we laughed at their expense, but they are OK with it because they submitted it to national TV. It just got to be to much for me, the mom, and so also the family. This is also the reason I can't handle "reality" shows. Which I know will upset the only 2 people who read my blog. This is just me (and one of my sons, it turns out).

So what does this say about me? Am I to serious? I don't like to see pain, unless it's physical? or fighting crime? I like shows with a right and a wrong? I'm obsessed with crime?

Please comment and offer up your analysis.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Sheryl, I read your blog too! And, Aaron is the same way. He cannot stand to watch anything where people are getting hurt. Many people think it's funny, he just finds it extremely uncomfortable and hates it.

Jeanelle said...

I'm behind on my blog reading...but I primarily watch cop shows too. I just love them. It's the whole good triumphs over evil thing, I think. The only shows we have in common, however, are Criminal Minds (which sometimes scares me so I usually watch it during the day on Saturday!) and Chuck.