Monday, April 28, 2008

Offense

Just read a friends blog. Started to leave a comment and realized I had to much to say, I'll post on the subject.

I USE to think I am not easily offended. I agree with my friend, in that I tend to think that most people aren't just interested enough to purposely go out and hurt me. This is easy when I surround myself with people who are trying to live a moral life with values similar to mine. I am big on R-E-S-P-E-C-T. If someone disagrees with me I am intrigued and value what information I can learn from them. I love to learn! I love to think!

Lately, Oh, my gosh. Nothing upsets me more than hurting my kids! I am a mother, bear and lion rolled into one-don't hurt my cubs! Showing disrespect to my children...!

I think these recent developments have made me more sensitive to take offence. Some of it with my kids has been purposeful. I am glad that everyone I interact with on a regular weekly basis is respectful.

Another thing that upsets/offends me is telling me what to do. I have a rebel heart. I try, I do, I do, I do try to not be prideful. I am as obedient as I can be at this season of life and experience. Let me think on it before action is needed.

So, I'm struggling with forgiving disrespect shown to my children. Also with someone not showing respect for my opinions. I'll get there. But I'm going to protect them first. My hubby and I are afraid, "I'm going to hurt someone." I do have a mean streak anxious to come out and poison a victim...cackle cackle cackle

3 comments:

Jeanelle said...

So glad it's obvious I love your kids. Never wanna cross you...

lilibet said...

I would be furious if someone purposefully insulted my children, and I'd let them know it in no uncertain terms. I have a serious mean streak, too, and have wounded people to the core if they manage to cross me(I'm a little too good with words when I'm mad) -- which is why it's good that I don't get offended too easily. :) And heaven help the person who tells me what to do. It's best to let me sleep on a 'suggestion'. I hear you!

Anonymous said...

Lucky for me, she is a very forgiving wife or I'd have a lot of black-n-blue marks......;-p