Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference

Some of my favorite blogs are sharing their thoughts and feelings about General Conference. For the first time (since I started watching all 4 sessions, over a decade ago) I was not spiritually prepared for the opportunity. I was day dreaming about other things. I am a bit sad. I always LOVE conference and the feast it is for me. I use to come away with thinking about so many principals that I want to live more perfectly and how uplifted I felt. Instead I'm not lifted up but guilty and examining my personal relationship with my Father in Heaven or rather the lack of. But I am a strong believer in NO GUILT. Guilt is only for leading to repentance and than get over it and move on. Spiritual Self Examination is a good thing. My hubby helps me think it through and I'll be better for it...but not today.

1 comment:

Jeanelle said...

You know what? Each conference is good for different people in different ways. It's okay that you didn't feast this time around - maybe you will when the Ensign comes next month? No beating yourself up!