Tuesday, April 7, 2009

General Conference

I almost always write down notes while watching General Conference. This year we ate all our meals in front of the TV. It was fun. Here are the highlights that struck me the most this time. Spell check does not like these names.

Robert D. Hales-time & energy to seek spiritual things
Margret Lifferth-reverence invites revelation
Alan F. Packer-hear the voice in the noise
D. Todd Christofferson-worthy to be called into shame by the people in the great and spacious building
Kevin Pearson-6 Destructive "D"s 1)Doubt 2)Discouragement 3)Distraction 4) lack of Diligence 5) Disobedience 6)Disbelief
Deiter F. Uchtdorf-It is always the right time to walk in His light & He will fight our battles
Neil L. Andersen-I am not what I must become
Jeffery R. Holland-the spirit I felt during his entire talk
President Thomas S. Monson-The Future is as bright as your Faith
Dallin H. Oaks-small things done with love
Jose A Teixeria-decisions determine destination
F. Michael Watson-lighten up the reigns
President Thomas S. Monson-remember to pray for him and all the general authorities

The overall spiritual message I needed and received was that I need to have more Faith that I am going to be OK. I believe I can be a force for good and I get discouraged when my health or whatever gets in the way of my good intentions.

No comments: