To follow up with my last post.
I read part of my RS lesson, it was a "story" from a book I got at a youth conference 28 years ago. I read it to my kids. One of them (sincerely) thanked me for reading it to them. It helped to focus my attentions to where they should be. Scripture reading is always good, but this story put it in real life context for us.
The kid who "flipped off" my kids, came to the school and apologized. My kids were happy, so I am happy. It was handled well.
My to do list on Monday's is always laundry. I don't have a car so I'm focused on the house only today...after I write another post.
1 comment:
I totally agree that Sarah Palin lost the election for him. I just dislike her intensely and it scares me that she might run the country. I do think McCain would run the country differently than he is campaigning, but I have been sorely disappointed in what you pointed out -- catering to the ultra-right factions.
But, I also do not appreciate Obama's moral stances on a lot ot things. I just don't know how much a president is able to accomplish to completely turn things around, since he does have to work with the Supreme Court and Congress. Problem is, Congress is Democrat right now, so he might get further than I want him to.
I liked how the church differentiated between prolonging life unnecessarily and euthanasia.
Post a Comment