I put off going to the doc (actually a nurse practitioner) for several months. I knew I would have to start making the doctor rounds soon as I got started with one. Sure enough I walked out of there with 4 referrals. I got a phone call today, I almost always do, blood work follow up, test not right, blah blah blah. Will most likely lead to another biopsy. I've had so many I don't count them anymore.
So, is the glass half empty -with so many things wrong with me?
OR, is the glass half full -even my positive biopsies (only 2 kind, so far) are treatable with "simple" procedures. I live in a country with good doctors and have excellent health insurance, better than anyone I know even, that we don't even pay for it?
2 comments:
I've never had a biopsy, but they sure don't sound pleasant. Well, let's see -- it is awesome that you can get great care so inexpensively, but it's not awesome that you need it so frequently. It doesn't really even out, though. Most of us would rather not need the health care. Who really likes going to the doctor? If you need a good dose of chocolate, call me. Maybe I'll just bring some by. What's your favorite?
Hmm...well, you also know you're going to be fine because you do have good doctors, you have been through this before, you know the routine, etc. And if Elizabeth is bringing you chocolate, then you have to think glass is half-full!
Post a Comment