So this blog thing is new. What am I supposed to write? What is safe to put out there?
My hubby bought tickets to see U2 3D! We are going tonight! We love U2! I mean we LOVE U2! Last year for Christmas he got me their book. I read it cover to cover right away (right away at Christmas time means 3 days). I had always liked there music but didn't know it was them. Like when I fell in love with Prince, I had liked some previous songs but didn't know they all belonged to the same artist until I bought one album and loved it so much I went back listening on his previous stuff. That's when I knew it was love. For U2 it was the video for "Where the Streets Have No Name". They sang the song on top of a store in LA. Crowds of people stopped traffic in the street to watch. Oh, that spoke to the rebel in me! Then the song "Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For". I like the video in my head better than the one they did. That was at a time in my life were I was looking to become who I always knew I wanted to be but got side tracked. It was "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" and "I Will Follow" that I liked before hand but had never noted the artist.
This is where a deleted paragraph was. It was about my husband and why WE love U2. To much personal info, sorry. Let's just assume there is some great history in our relationship.
I am still not who I wanted to be. Reba McIntire sings a line "Who I am, is who I want to be". Dick Clark had some line, "Music is the soundtrack of our lives". My soundtrack would have primary songs, Elton John, Journey, Prince, Christmas Man (family phrase), various self-absorbed women, Hymns and U2. There are thousands of songs I like, but my soundtrack would have those. I stopped collecting music when I started having kids. Barney was a brief phase, but I was so sleep deprived I have just blocked it out. Last year I discovered I love Green Day and the Killers are good too. I wish it was clean though. U2 is!
So tonight is U2 3D, reviews are good. How could they not be? One of my favorite lines (paraphrasing here) was from Edge commenting on Bono not being around to work, “Who does he think he is? Is he out saving the world or something? Oh, yea. He is.”
Gotta Love these guys!
1 comment:
I like Greenday and U2, too. I never liked GD in high school (when they first started getting big), but I really like them now. I've never heard of the Killers. There was a really good song by The Raconteurs called 'Steady as She Goes' that you might like. I've heard a couple of songs by them and they're good. I don't know how 'clean' their content is -- I often just don't understand that stuff, nor am I good at catching all the lyrics.
Post a Comment