Thursday, March 10, 2011

Quilting

I got an embroidery machine a couple of weeks ago! I have played around with the software that I bought with it too. I spent 10 hours embroidering the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple on 20 blocks that I then put into a quilt top. Just finished the top today. I posted it on my other blog. Tomorrow I go with a friend to shop for fabric for her daughters quilt top. She is getting married on my birthday.

Last night I went to my third "R.E.A.L. Republican Women" meeting. It is my way of trying to gain some none LDS friends and get more involved politically. I feel so ignorant at these meetings, but the only way to fix that is to keep going. When my kids are more grown up, I'll become more active and a better informed person. The book we will read for our next meeting is "Founding Mother's" by Cokie Roberts. I've been wanting to read this for some time. The book part is only a small portion of the meeting. We spent a good deal of time last night on WA state politics. Ask me if you want to know more.

I am going to stay in my pj's and go read "Displaced Persons" by Joseph Berger. After I embroider a little that is.

No comments: