My heart jumped when our Prophet Thomas S. Monson announced a temple will be built in Indianapolis, Indiana! My parents live in Muncie, an hour away. I immediately wondered what they thought of the announcement. How long will it take? Where will it be? Will my parents help with tours? How often will they work there now? They currently drive to Columbus Ohio every other week end to work at that one.
After the first sessions closing prayer, amen, I called my mom. With tears in her voice she said she couldn't talk. She knew we would call them.
Its Saturday so I was sewing some projects. All I could think about in my head was "Indianapolis, Indianapolis", over and over.
This is the first temple to be built in Indiana. I wonder what my ancestors who pioneered there thought or felt as the announcement was made. I wonder what Aunt Sue will feel as her sister takes her on a tour before it opens? I wonder if my cousin Ed and his family will go on a tour and what his kids will think? I am so excited for my parents! and extended family!
In the 50's my dad was 16 when he, his younger brother and his parents drove from Muncie to Salt Lake to be sealed for eternity. That was the closes temple at the time.
Why do I have tears in my eyes? What wonderful work, opportunities and blessings will open up to my family!?
2 comments:
It's neat to see how it affects people when those are announced. I don't have anyone I know anywhere else whose life would be different if a new temple was opened, so I'm glad to hear how others react.
Oh Sheryl, I'm so thrilled for you and your family. We know what a blessing it is to be able to jump in the car, on a complete whim, and go to the temple whenever we want, without any planning. It's wonderful that the people in the 5 areas announced yesterday will get to do the same soon. Callie & Andrew live in MA and much closer to Hartford, CT and so they are thrilled (it's two hours to the Boston temple for them.) Oh and thank you for writing on my FB wall. I'm still struggling with this lingering sickness. I cough and cough and COUGH and get zero sleep. Nothing helps. Wah. Enjoy the last session of conference, my friend!! xoxo
Post a Comment