Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FHE

This past Sacrament Meeting was about the "Holy Ghost" with our Bishop Larsen being the last speaker. I felt strongly that I wanted an extended family testimony meeting for my children to listen to my family members and how they have experienced the Holy Ghost. My parents, Dale and I and Jamie all shared some sacred and tender memorable experiences. It was a wonderful feast I felt, and pray my children are blessed and strengthened because of it.

The next night we had FHE with my parents. We sang a song that my parents taught me (and we always sing). Jamie gave a wonderful lesson that was very involved for everyone and everyone gave mini lessons on various subjects of interest. It was a great opportunity for me to take the time to look up something I've been meaning to. My dad then shared his testimony of how he gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I hope and pray my children learn from this wise grandpa of theirs. Then we did an activity that we frequently do, we go around and say 1 nice thing we like about everyone else. This was funny, touching, truthful and uplifting and grand with the grandparents there! We closed with a prayer, kneeling and holding hands while my dad spoke and blessed us.

Thank you Mother & Daddy for coming! Thank you Daddy for worthily ordaining Dale a High Priest. Thank you for having the resources and ability to come out here. Thank you for the enriching experience my family has been blessed to have because of you.

3 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Aw...happiness. So glad you had a great visit with your family. The Program is going to be great! And what's Dale's new calling??

lilibet said...

That's an ideal FHE. I don't think I'm ever going to get there.

Jennifer said...

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! And by the way... The Primary Program was wonderful today. Randy and I were deeply touched by the way you included Katie and we are thankful for all of the love and support that was expressed.