Thursday, September 9, 2010

silly fish

I do not like being a fish out of water. I am determined to not let my fears rule me though.

I had some incredibly great organic vegetarian tamales while at my sister Gail's so I wanted to find a place local that makes tamales. The paper had a coupon for a little Mexican grocery store down the hill, with tamales on sale so today I went. I was the minority in there and I could tell the workers were looking at me. Most signs were completely in Spanish. I had to ask about where were the tamales and finally found them. Also had to ask for a box for the pastries on sale. I wish I spoke Spanish! Mission accomplished, I got the chicken tamales and Mark and I ate them for lunch. OK I ate two and Mark ate a bite. Not even close to what Gail gave me. Must venture out more and find some great tamales.

2 comments:

lilibet said...

Tell me when you find them. I stopped by that Indian Cash and Carry and got some stuff. It was fun.

Koko said...

haha I can just see you in there...good for you taking an adventure!