Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patricks Day Menu

We don't eat green today. We try to eat as authentic Irish as we can, but the last few years I've leaned we ain't eaten authentic anyway.

Corned Beef (is not from Ireland. The traditional meal comes from New England.)
Irish Potato Candy (originated from Philly to commemorate the potato famine in Ireland 1845-1852)
Potatoes & Cabbage
Irish Soda Bread (authentic, don't forget to knead the dough 12 times to honor the 12 original apostles)

Maybe next year I'll dry green eggs and ham.

3 comments:

lilibet said...

Corned beef isn't from Ireland, but I do so love it. I put some in the crockpot with cabbage and onions -- sounded good this morning. Then Travis and I started throwing up and the smell didn't help. Maybe tomorrow. :/

k.e.l.l.i.e. said...

mmmm corned beef and cabbage. its so delish. especially leftovers as corned beef hash! my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Koko said...

haha...I vote for green eggs and ham! :)