Yes, Santa put Coal in stockings this year. My kids snooped and snooped this year. Even my college daughter talked on the phone and asked lots of questions from her siblings to get as much information out of them as she could. One child knew every present he was getting, expect the one bought days before hand (but even then he ripped it open some, just not enough to see what it was).
I was ticked.
So Santa put candy coal and ONLY candy coal in the younger kids stockings.
They were ticked.
An entire half an hour was spent talking and crying saying family prayer and calling a truce between me and the one son.
We opened all the presents.
I was happy.
They were happy.
It was a Merry Christmas!
Until that night. The last hour was spent getting our youngest (who was very very tired) to finish up her dish chore AND take her strep throat medication. She was very distraught.
We slept well, until she threw up. She had been distraught and overly tired and over stimulated Christmas day.
I think we will all remember this Christmas.
2 comments:
She's got strep AND is throwing up? That poor child!
Good for you on the coal. Maybe next year will go better.
Peeking at your presents really does ruin your Christmas fun. Next year, hide the presents at my house or something. I think Alberta had things over at Covingtons! :)
Post a Comment