Thursday, May 28, 2009

Laundry Soap


Cheap! Cheap! Cheap laundry soap.
Ingredients
1 bar Fels-Naptha, shredded
1 1/2 cup Washing Soda
1 1/2 cup Borax
Boil 1 gallon of water and add the Fels-Naptha, stir until melted. Add washing soda and Borax, stir until dissolved. Add 2 more gallons of water, stir.
I pour it into a 5 gallon bucket from the hardware store. I have a friend who pours into 3 old rinsed out milk jugs. Use 1/4 (to 1/2) cup for each load of laundry.
This gels up fairly solid for me. When I put it in the wash I "squish" is through my hands to break it up. My friend shakes the jugs well. Jury is out on finding an easier way to make more liquid and less gel.
I buy several Fels-Naptha with 1 box each of the other 2. For me this is worth the little work and funky gel.

No comments: