Monday, May 18, 2009

Current and Old Projects

Current Projects;
  • 8 grade party posters (library printer)
  • 6 grade party, taking on NO assignment has become a project
  • Wedding Quilt
  • new machine & equipment learning curve
  • all the sewing projects in the cabinet
  • regular stay at home calendar stuff
  • primary callings
  • primary ministering idea follow through
  • preparations for a maybe kitchen remodel
  • write this blog entry
  • collecting pictures etc. for the reunion
It is this last project that took me to an old project. I was looking through old photo albums (promised I would not get caught up, but did on this one) and found a scrapbook from my senior year in high school. In it was the 10 page report my dad (and mom) gave to the head principal (there were 4 vice-principals) for the roughly 2,000 students. It was a defining moment in my life. I would have taken a very different path, probably gone on to school right out of high school if my "mentor" had not...scr*w*d me over. She did not teach for the entire last semester after my parents documented many of the events that occurred.
I was President of the "Home Economic Related Occupations" club, HERO for short. Our teacher/advisor did not do what I and my parents thought she should have, teach. That was a long time ago and my heart still pounded and a tear still came out. If only, if only? Well my current occupation is Home Economics and I'm the successful co-president now.

M&D-Thanks for standing up for me! Thanks for always having my back! My parents are my HERO.

2 comments:

Dale said...

As the grateful husband of this AWESOME wife, I wanted to add my thanks to her parents. They are pretty great people and I love having them in my life......

Jeanelle said...

I owe you for the quilt! Sorry for the busy-ness but it's better than being bored...right? RIGHT???