Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week-End

Friday
Bite of Seattle was fun. It was great to go with Jamie, someone who wanted to be adventures and try things we have never had before. And to not worry about how much money I had. That was a quick $40 from me and $20 for her, including the movie. We had Goat Curry (sorry Elizabeth), Lamb gyro, sweet rice balls, wild boar chili, lumpia, Thia chicken and a coconut. Loved the sweet rice balls, couldn't finish the coconut milk. The chili had good flavor but was to hot for us.

Mamma Mia! We saw it downtown since we were there. It was a little raunchy. Laughed all the way through it! Gotta have the sound track! Can't wait to go see it again. This time with my hubby.

It was very fun for me to see Jamie adore the city. She took lots of pix. If I wasn't a mom I would SO love to live in a city! Jamie has a room mate who lived for a short while in Manhattan, I'm so jealous. Lots of different looking people with very different life choices. Like the biker with long hair and a Harley jacket. Sure don't see that here in the suburbs, oh wait yes I did, the noise ticked me off. I'm so conflicted.

Saturday
Hosted an Open House for 2 families leaving our ward. Lots of great food. Thanks Mel.

Sunday
Primary, not going to say a word...

2 comments:

lilibet said...

LOL -- I actually think I would have tried it myself. The wild boar chili may have been a stretch, though. Everything else sounds delicious!

Jeanelle said...

When I was in Chicago last September, walking back to our hotel at 10:30 PM down nice, clean, quiet streets, I thought "I would live here in a heartbeat." I hope I live in a big city someday. And if we do a musical number in Primary, I really want to do Super Trouper. You can wear those thigh high boots!