4 of July was awhile ago, but preparing to have 55 people over wears me out, for 2 weeks.
I missed picking strawberries. The place I go only had them for 2 1/2 weeks.
4 of July and the testimony meeting afterwards made me realize how much I miss "home". I was emotional already before the closing song. Then I kind of lost it. The "Battle Hymn of the Republic" can only be song by the "Mormon Choir of D.C." with Daddy. That version will always be my favorite. (I am tearing up even now). After church, with hubby in the privacy of our bedroom, I could finally say the words out loud, "I want to go home." As an A.F. Brat this is not something said very often.
"I want to go home." -I'm still teary eyed.
1 comment:
How sad! I hope you get to go back in your month-long window next year, then.
Post a Comment