My Mother most likely does NOT have NPH as previously posted. She has dementia (that won't be confirmed for another month though). I was talking to her on the phone and she repeated herself in the same conversation. She couldn't remember what she did that day. Her mother, Grandma, had dementia for about 15 years. I have a book to read about how to work with aging parents. All of my siblings live out of state from my parents. Mark asked, is she going to forget me? I had to say "probably". My Grandma forgot who I was. I thought about taking a picture with us holding signs with our names on it. But I think that might upset Mother, at least right now. It might help Mark though. Maybe later on. She looks older than she did a few months ago when I saw her last. This feels like the beginning of the end. It makes me sad. She's only 74.
My parents are SO Awesome!

4 comments:
Oh Sheryl, I am so sorry to read this. She seems so young to be facing this trial and it will be tough for the family as well.
I'm keeping all of you in my prayers.
This is heartbreaking....I am so sorry Sheryl. Prayers and support being sent your way.
I am so sorry to hear this. Dementia is so hard.
Sheryl I'm so sorry! I'm sure you will cherish every moment you have with your parents. I am feeling the aging thing with my parents too. Lots of prayers your way. Love you!
Post a Comment