Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Remodel

removal of popcorn
paint ceiling
paint walls

Started the popcorn ceiling removal on November 13, 2013. It was tested for Asbestos which came back negative.



removal of cabinets
Dale removed Asbestos flooring by himself


removal of walls on Thanksgiving Day

This started out as new flooring, new draperies, new paint. The day they came to put in the flooring, they refused until it was tested for Asbestos, which came back positive in the kitchen only. So if we have to remove it then we might as well-Go for It! and get a new kitchen.
drywall up

wet paint on

Cabinets to Go (there's a whole story here)

cabinets in (minus 1 missing one)

tile flooring, granite counter tops and new window are in

Christmas Day everyone in the functional Kitchen!
We bit off more than we can chew with the kitchen. We put a picture of our family under one of the counter tops, kind of a time capsule. I LOVE the cabinets we choose, "St. James Mahogany". We had a few headaches working with the Cabinets to Go company but they gave us a few things for free so we are happy in the end. James Hicks did most of the work! We couldn't have done this with out him!
This is what Glenn's bedroom looked like

This is what our LR & DR looked like
 Here are a few misc. pictures of what the rest of the house liked like while working on the kitchen. As of today we still need the crown molding put up and to paint 2 bathrooms. I still don't have my side of the garage back or my sewing room. We had an Open House on New Year's eve to show off our new kitchen, that was fun!


5 comments:

Joan said...

I am SO IMPRESSED with your kitchen! You all did a great job and it is beautiful!

Jeanelle said...

I need to come over as I was committed other places on New Year's and had to miss the party. It looks beautiful - glad you made it this far after so much stress and work!!! I love it!

Natalie Smith said...

It turned out beautiful Sheryl!!! Just gorgeous.

Quinae said...

Sorry to have missed New Years eve gathering. Your kitchen looks great! What a DIY journey. Good job! I didn't know there was flooring w/ asbestos?!

Koko said...

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for documenting it too...we really need to do something like that to our kitchen there in Kent. You guys are inspirational and I hope you have many years of enjoyment! I remember praying you guys would stay in our ward...so glad that you did!