Sunday, August 26, 2012

Henry B. Eyring quote

I tried to quote this in a Relief Society meeting recently;

"When we put God's purposes first, He will give us miracles. If we pray to know what He would have us do next, He will multiply the effects of what we do in such a way that time seems to be expanded. He may do it in different ways for each individual...but I can promise you that if you will go to Him in prayer and ask what He would have you do next, promising that you will put His kingdom first, He will answer your prayer and He will keep His promise to add upon your head blessings, enough and to spare. Those apparent prison walls of "not enough time" will begin to recede, even as you are called to do more". -Henry B. Eyring

I found the article it is quoted from here. This has hung on my refrigerator for many years. I have put it to the test and have always had the faith that when time gets tight for me, as long as I'm doing what He would have me do, I do not worry about "enough time". I do what I can I know that it is enough.

2 comments:

Quinae said...

Ah, this was a theory of mine - one that I have not solidly challenged to prove it right or wrong. It is nice to find a quote to back it up. Gives more gas to my flame - Thank you!! I love it. I have lofty plans to experiment with this. Here hoping I have the fortitude to accomplish it as well as I plan - that seems to be always the trick for me. Thanks for subbing for me a few weeks ago. How did it go??

Natalie Smith said...

Love this quote. Thanks for sharing.