Monday, June 13, 2011

Compassionate Service Coordinator

Compassionate Service Coordinator? Me? Are you serious? Did not see that one coming. This will make me stretch. At first I was thinking "This is an 'old lady' job!" Then I remembered a friend in MD that was good at it, and she is way younger than me.
I already have something to do this week with it and I don't know how to approach it. Rachel just volunteered to go with me. She's sweet. Way sweeter than me.
I enjoyed the newness of going to Sunday School and Relief Society yesterday. It didn't feel right though. I should be teaching, not listening? Obedience and service to others, ok.
I have had a few people tell me that I did a good job in Primary. One of them yesterday touched me. A former Stake President, WW II and Korean war veteran and a very opinionated man was one of our teachers for awhile. I remember how I felt so strongly that I wanted him to serve in Primary and kinda had to fight for him. He told me yesterday that I served well and he felt the spirit when I was in there. That was nice to hear. Enough about that.

This week I have a new VT route, 6 grade party, finish prep for 8 grade party, embroider 3 trek flags, finish Ada's quilt top and quilt it and on Friday more trek sewing, and the above mentioned service to give and coordinate. I hope I sleep better than last week!

2 comments:

Koko said...

I didn't hear about your new calling so thank goodness for blog updates! haha Congratulations! I know you will be so wonderful at the calling...each time you bore your testimony I felt that you were a deep thinking/deeply caring person. I sure love you Sheryl and everyone who serves with you loves you!

Koko said...

Oh, and I know what you mean about "just sitting" in Sunday School and Relief Society...I had been in Primary for about 14 years and that was so foreign to me, but trust me -- you get used to it! haha