I don't have much to say or share with the world these days. My days are busy with sewing and trying to maintain some normalcy with Glenn in "Happy Days" performances and Dale not being home at 6:00 because of his new responsibilities at work. Life is crazy busy in the evenings.
My days are not though.
Today I'm trying to put the house back in order before Neal & Cyndi come up for the week-end to see Glenn's play. I'm finishing up some sewing projects, iron some shirts, sort and fold some laundry from Monday of this week and last. I have 2 new sewing projects I'm marinating in my brain; How to best sew an apron for trek and Ada Yan's wedding quilt with (some but not enough) Asian fabrics. I have 6 weeks for the quilt, plenty if I actually work on it. My machine needs to be serviced. I'll take it in tomorrow.
I have 3 dates set up for massive sewing for trek in the primary room. I have to plan it all in my head for the quickest results. We did skirts on a YW night and that went well, but could have been better (the glass half empty/full could use a little bit more). I still don't have a pattern or plan for the neck coolers.
Primary is going well but not great. I can't seem to get my full presidency together for several months now. The trains are running but we are not looking to the future very well.
And now for the thing I wanted to post about. I have established the habit of reading the Book of Mormon every day, just 2 chapters. Today I started on 3 Nephi, Christ has been born. I didn't feel worthy to even read it, but of course I am, so I did. I am so excited for this portion of the Book of Mormon. I have so many favorite persons/characters in the Book of Mormon. I am looking forward for the next several days of reading about Christ teachings. I am looking forward to how I will feel and the things I will learn of Him. I am looking forward to how my days will go and what my thoughts will be during the day after reading of Him. I am looking forward to how my testimony of my Savior will be strengthened. I even have my tissues on stand by for the physical reactions I have to reading and thinking about Christ. My hands may be busy with sewing but my thoughts will be of Christ.
2 comments:
Great job Sheryl! :) Cyndi and I had a goal to read the all the Standard Works shortly after we got married and had the habit of reading one chapeter a day until we finished all the books of scriptures. After reaching our goal we decided to take a"little" break to deside what to read next. Now we are haveing a very hard time reading every day. When you finish the BoM don't skip a day or take a break, keep reading every. It's been a lot harder to get back in the habit than it was to start it in the first place. ;P
You do have a lot of stuff in your head and on your schedule. I need to try the two chapters a day thing - working on completing the BoM for Personal Progress and I'm not reading often enough.
Post a Comment