I joined Weight Watchers last week. I was told to not worry about points this first week and only right down everything I eat. Well I finally got online and typed in everything I ate, including 2 cups of pistachio nuts (no one can eat just one...cup). I tripled my allowed points on the first day! No more pistachios for me.
I went to the gym 4 days last week. One of those times was a free work out with a personal trainer. I had to stop because I nearly fainted. That was work. I went again today to work out with the free PT and again had to stop and rest, but then continued on this time. I am sitting here and my muscles are talking to me now for the first time in YEARS. "Hey, I'm here!" "Hey, remember me?" "I'm awake! and alive!"
I am afraid when I go weigh in tomorrow I will not have lost anything. Dang pistachios.
I had it in my head that working out 5 days a week would melt the fat right off of me. No it is not so.
I bought a bunch of veggies to munch on. Carrots only go so far ya know. This is going to be a long road.
5 comments:
Oh Sheryl - GOOD FOR YOU! I know it's easy to say but try not to stress about the scale tomorrow. Keep telling yourself that you are in this for the long haul, that you are changing your entire lifestyle, not just eating a few less calories. I started noticing my clothes fitting better way before I felt like I'd lost a "substantial" amount of weight so take your measurements...you might find some great results that way. Good luck!!!
Do you need pain relief cream for your muscles? I have some if you need it: )
Good idea, Dawn!
And good for you, Sheryl. I find you very inspiring.
I did loose, 1.8 pounds!
Yay Sheryl! I had no idea...I need to make the blog rounds more often. You know that I'm going again too with Jeanellie. It's so hard at first, but it does get better and then you actually get sick when you eat the fatty stuff. haha I'm so proud of you -- keep up the great work and call if you ever need help (not that I'm an expert!). By the way, if you want to go with Jeanellie and I on Saturday mornings, let me know. We go to the 7:30 a.m. one.
Post a Comment