Monday, December 13, 2010

New Nothing

Rachel made a video when she ran for student council pres. Her good friend won and I'm very proud of how our Rachel handled herself; mature, respectful and confident.

My smile went crooked on Saturday. I have Bell's Palsy. For a few months I'll have a crooked smile, can't taste things, and have to make sure my eyes close all the way when I sleep. I'm not a hypochondriact. I always have something wrong going on but never serious. (I'm still going to PT for my hip bursitis.)

One of my former Beehives lost her husband to suicide, funeral is tomorrow. She is a widow at 22.

A good friend lost her dad today. I'm helping out as best I know how.

I'm wishing I wasn't hosting the cookie exchange this year. Next year I won't. Fruit baskets are healthier, more expensive but so easy.

I was sewing a Christmas gift and messed it up last week. Bad. I have not had the patients to go rip it out yet and try to fix it. Why don't I spend the extra $10-15 and buy one?

My house is falling apart and will never be clean enough.

My husband and I LOVE each other very much. It is nice to be having a season of good together. Heaven knows it was due!

The kids want to spend the night at Jamie's on Christmas eve and I'm not sure I like the idea? They are pretty set on it though?! Go to bed early? Get up late? I don't know how to do that? Oh, wait I do that every day, ha ha ha. But not for Christmas!

3 comments:

Jeanelle said...

I didn't even notice the crooked smile on Sunday!

I'm with you on buying instead of making, sometimes. I think for making gifts, you need to work on them all year long so you don't stress out so close to Christmas.

I'm sorry about the cookie exchange. Besides the time commitment needed to make that many cookies (and the fact that I never get to go to the luncheon) I think I just don't like to give out other people's cookies to people...I would rather just make my own to give away. Does that make sense? I just can't have that many cookies in my house.

I'm so sad about your Beehive too. I've known her husband's family most of my life and had his youngest sister at camp twice. It's just tragic and wrong and so very sad.

Koko said...

I also didn't notice your crooked smile today, but then again you may not have been smiling as I saw you at the funeral. However, I found it to be quite uplifting inspite of how everything transpired. I wasn't sure how we got separated...I would have liked to sat by you. Sometimes I panic when I feel awkward and just go sit someplace odd. haha Christmas Eve without the kids...might be nice! hahaha jk

lilibet said...

That must have been a horrible funeral to attend. I drove past the church and was wondering whose funeral it was. So sad.

My aunt had Bell's Palsy. It's a very strange little thing.