Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gail Trip

Tuesday-drove to Neal's in Salem, OR. Went paint balling! that was fun! I have 3 bruises and 1 scab from it, I lasted a half hour, until I drew blood. Mark & Uncle Neal lasted an hour when they ran out of paint balls. Rachel won the first 3 rounds.

Wednesday- drove to Gail's in Berkley, CA. I went with her to a "Restorative Circle Practice" while Mark & Rachel stayed home with Erica & Dave. I learned how my sister helps teach people how to help facilitate conflict resolution. It was interesting and intriguing, as my sister always is. I told the kids, "Aunt Gail is very good at helping people".

Thursday - The four of us went to Fisherman's Wharf in San Fransisco. We went on an hour and a half sail boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge. There was netting in the front of the boat that you could sit or lay on and see the water and get wet. Rachel and Mark got to steer the boat too. Very Fun! Afterward we ate some Ben & Jerry's while talking about the possibility of renting a tandem bike (bicycle built for 2). We rented 2 of them thinking of only riding for a couple of hours. Mark was in front of me on one bike and Aunt Gail was in front of Rachel on the other tandem bike. It takes a lot of trust for the person in back & responsibility for the person in front. We were almost to the Golden Gate Bridge when we decided to GO FOR IT! We all rode across the Golden Gate Bridge on tandem bikes! WOW! the wind, the fog, the cold! We did it! We (I) were hurting so we rode the ferry back to the wharf. We collapsed into our beds that night.

Friday- went and picked up the dresser and then went to the Cabot Space and Science Center in Oakland. Gail's house mate Erica went with us and we met up with Aunt Gail's friend Ellie. They were a lot of fun to hang out with, a lot like Aunt Gail!

Saturday- walked around the campus of Berkley, the kids were not impressed with idea of all the learning that goes on here or the historic idea of protesting the Vietnam War that went on there. But they enjoyed climbing trees. We then went to the Farmer's Market and had a lot of good food there. Good food is typical Aunt Gail! We ate well the whole time we were there! We came home and played a few games and laughed till our belly's hurt. We then drove to meet up with our cousin Julie and her 2 kids Taylor and Logan. We ate dinner together and had some fun taking pictures.

Sunday- Say good bye to Aunt Gail :( ate breakfast at my cousin Karen's home with her family John, Matthew & Michael. Drove to Neal's.

Monday- went school shopping and drove home and then went out to dinner.

Tuesday-laundry and blog about trip

1 comment:

lilibet said...

I think you had more fun in a week than I did in one summer. I love the tandem bikes idea.