I have been so "out of it" for so long.
I'm caught up on blogs, primary craft, home filing is getting there, home cleaning is getting there, kids chores and I'm actually in the kitchen a bit now too. Oh, to be normal again.
I watched part of a documentary last night "Shake Hands with the Devil" which was a good follow up to the movie "Hotel Rwanda". I think I'd like to read the book now.
I watched the movie and read the book, "Kite Runner". Both were powerful and with horrific images. I also read "Kabul Beauty School", a good follow up chronologically.
While I was down these last couple of weeks I read "The Lost Boys of Sudan..." and watched 2 documentaries on it also, "Lost Boys of Sudan" and "God Grew Tired of Us". I was more impressed with the second one. In that one, one of the Lost Boys was able to speak in away that struck me as intelligent, profound, poetic and resilient, incredible!
One of my kids has always read a lot about the WW II and The Holocaust. A couple recent ones were"The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas" (I also read) and one that I had read in college "Night" and now this week it's "The Boy Who Dared". I use to worry about it becoming an obsession for him. I'm not worried anymore.
Man's in humanity to man. How? How can anyone treat another person in such a horrible manner? How can a person hate like that? One of the things stated in last nights documentary was that "Everyone is capable." I wish that I could argue against it. I am a nice person, I care for all of humanity, I work very hard at being respectful to everyone, I have stood up many time in many different situations for what I felt was a moral right. I have no doubt I am capable of doing so again even at risk to myself and family. I think people who know me would believe that I will stand for Truth and Righteousness. There are many principals far more important to me than my life and well being.
So I've read a little about some things in Africa, Europe and the middle East, big deal. I should be more concerned for the woman in the mirror and her being the frog in cold water on the hot stove. I don't even know it. Hind Sight will.
1 comment:
wait, so you thought the Holocaust was going to become an obsession of mine?
ur son
Post a Comment