Monday, January 5, 2009

First Monday 2009

I love fresh starts. 2009 fresh start will happen this afternoon. The holidays are over, parties are over, returns are over, decorations are put away, I still have a few hold outs.
We returned our tree to IKEA, it was the freshest tree ever, it drank a ton of water. We got our $10 store credit. I was looking at OUR tree on the cold hard parking lot, it was empty of our family memory decorations and I felt lonely for it. I did not cry nor did I tear up but I was sad. OK maybe I don't hate Christmas after all.
My hubby kept looking out the window last night and making funny sounds. SNOW! We are so tired of it! I was not worried about school being canceled. Heavenly Father knows how dearly I need this Monday to get the house back in shape. School is on a 2 hour delay, no problem. I think laundry might even be done before they go. I do have "a certain child" that is driving everyone mad this morning though.
I talked to Jamie last night for over an hour. It was great. We talked about her RS lesson, goals, testimony meeting, primary etc. One of the things that struck me was "Potomac Fever". Yes, I have it! I am ill with wanting to be where she is. Hubby asked if I thought I was living vicariously (thank you spell check) through my daughter, YES! Totally! He said that was OK, as long as I admit it.

1 comment:

Jeanelle said...

I'm glad you don't really hate Christmas. I love that Jamie gets to have this fun adventure and can't wait to hear more. I think this will be a wonderful growth and learning experience for her. And I'm living vicariously through her, thanks to her blog so no guilt about that. I loved DC the one time I visited. There is something special about a big, historical city. Oh and if you go to IKEA again, I need something there but I so hate shopping there. ;)