2 more sleeps until I visit Jamie for a week!
I’m trying to get my house in order so it can stay in order while I’m gone. I bought eggs for coloring but I won’t be able to do them this year. I am not doing any new Easter clothes for anyone?! This is what happens when Easter is in March.
Jamie’s birthday was on Easter once when she was little! That was a BIG day. I made a beautiful dark blue dress with a puffy skirt for her and a matching dark blue suit for me. We have pictures of us out on my parent’s front porch. I love them! (Except my frizzy ‘80’s” big hair, although it was a gorgeous red). Her Easter basket had NO candy but fresh strawberries. That was back when I use to try to be a healthy mom.
The night before I stayed up late finishing the hand hem and had a friend frost the (pyramid shaped) cake. It was not so pretty. He said he wasn’t very good at it and I didn’t think anyone could be that bad, but it was.
I’m excited to see Jamie! My youngest child is home from school today and going through old pictures. She has an Activity Day while I’m gone and needs several family photos. I don’t look at pix, ever. There was one of Jamie at her Elementary graduation. I loved that dress on her. That was a tough year for her. People can be so mean to each other. There is a pix of her cake with her photo on it. I really should get those in photo albums.
While down in UT, I am planning on visiting my old Mia Maid advisor. I haven’t seen her for a few decades. Most of the time I’ll be on campus or hanging out at her apartment. I am excited to not know what to do with myself. But right now I have plenty todo todo todo.
1 comment:
I can guarantee that your friend did a better job than I would have frosting that cake. My college roommate and her mom asked me if I wanted to frost sugar cookies with them. After 2 or 3, they uninvited me. I might have been offended if I'd had any illusions as to my ability, but I can freely admit that I am very, very bad at that.
Strawberries in the Easter basket is such a good idea. I hate it when Easter is in March ... it just seems so wrong. I hope you have a great time with Jamie!!!
Post a Comment